On 1 March 2018, brothers and sisters of DGK Dalfsen (and surrounds) have liberated themselves. The declaration of these brothers and sisters has been taken over in its entirety below.
Declaration of Liberation
Beloved brothers and sisters,
With sadness, the undersigned, members of De Gereformeerde Kerk Dalfen, feel called, in accordance with the office of all believers, to declare the following.
I. Pure Preaching of the Gospel
1. On 16 December 2017 , the General Synod Lansingerland 2017-2018 issued a publication in which serious, unfounded accusations were made against the consistory of De Gereformeerde Kerk Mariënberg e.o. This consistory has supposedly shown, among other things, independentism (an erroneous form of independence), consistoriocracy (domination by consistory), and sectarianism.
This GS-publication has been distributed by the consistory of Dalfsen, has not met opposition by this consistory, and has been maintained by this consistory after objections by brothers and sisters. Thereby, the consistory has approved this publication.
The consistory, by way of approving these unfounded accusations, makes itself guilty of the commandments of the Lord:
- 6th commandment: We are not to dishonor our neighbor (HC Lord’s Day 40, Q&A 105);
- 8th commandment: We must promote our neighbor’s good, wherever we can and may (HC Lord’s Day 42, Q&A 111);
- 9th commandment: We may not condemn or join in condemning anyone rashly and unheard, must love the truth, speak and confess it honestly, and do what we can to defend and promote our neighbor’s honor and reputation (HC Lord’s Day 42, Q&A 112).
2. In a reply letter to concerned brothers and sisters, the consistory even has added accusations to the GS-publication, among which the assertion that “the group of Mariënberg De Ark” handled “in accordance with the marks of the false church”. An unfounded accusation without the hesitation and restraint with which it gave account in the past, regarding the Gereformeerde Kerken vrijgemaakt, such as in the Doleantie of 2010 (see ‘Verklaring van kerkelijke stappen om gereformeerd te blijven’, Feb. 2010).
3. Therefore, with sadness, we must conclude that God’s Word and thereby the first mark of the church (art. 28 BC) is at stake.
1. The consistory has accepted classical and synodical decisions as binding and – in so far having legal effect – has executed the decisions, whereby “the group of Mariënberg De Ark” (from the consistory’s point of view) has been placed outside ‘the congregation of Christ in Mariënberg’ and outside of ‘the church federation’. However, even after objections from brothers and sisters, it did not submit sufficient grounds, according to Scripture, confession and/or church order, for doing this. We may not accept this collective ‘discipline’, whereby brothers and sisters in Mariënberg are no longer recognized by the church of Dalfsen, as using the keys of the kingdom of heaven (HC Lord’s Day 31) and may not recognize this breaking-up of the church federation as in accordance with the unity of the church (one of the marks of the church, art. 17 BC).
2. Therefore, with sadness, we must conclude that discipline and thereby the third mark of the church (art. 28 BC) is at stake.
III. The all-encompassing mark
1. In the last while, several conversations were held with the consistory and objections were submitted to the consistory, which did not result in God’s Word alone receiving authority again in De Gereformeerde Kerk Dalfsen. Thereby, all the marks of the true church are at stake: “In short, it governs itself according to the pure Word of God, rejecting all thing contrary to it and regarding Jesus Christ as the only Head (art. 29 BC).
IV. Liberation and Call
1. Our conclusion is that it no longer is responsible to remain member of De Gereformeerde Kerk Dalfen. This liberation is an act of obedience to the Word of God, which commands not to have any association with sin and heresy, and not to follow a crowd to do evil (Ex. 23:2, art. 7 BC).
2. We also call you to take the following steps:
- liberate yourself from DGK Dalfsen;
- attend the worship services of DGK Mariënberg e.o. (De Ark);
- and to request membership there.
We hope on the Lord and pray to Him that He may make it possible in the future that we, together with you, may honor God in a congregation that is faithful to Him.
3. We pray to our Heavenly Father that He may give you insight in the right path and we encourage you with the words of Rev. 3:11-12a:
“Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more.”
Your brothers and sisters,
[Undersigned by 4 families].
March 1, 2018
Attachment: Call to Reform by DGK Mariënberg e.o. “Return to the firm foundation of the true Church!”